Re: Announcing: Project Ridley

On Wed, 2005-08-24 at 10:53 -0400, Jonathan Blandford wrote:

> It sounds great to have a networking library on our platform, but I am
> pretty confident that it shouldn't be part of glib or GTK+.  Project
> Ridley is primarily about getting widgets back into the widget library,
> and making that library comprehensive.
>
> We can start a larger conversation about what the platform needs, and
> we're probably overdue for that.

I've a question: Why not the GNOME developers create a GNOME Software
Kit, like a Java SDK or .NET classes? Frequently I've seen several
programs developed to GNOME desktop using differents implementations to
do the same thing, like network communications, XML processing, and
others. I think a common software base kit to develop programs, with a
complete documentation, the same style code, code reuse between then and
etc (like Java SDK) could be great to grow up GNOME and become GNOME
more productive (to develop new applications).

[]'s

--fx