Re: A cross-platform status icon api

On Fri, 2005-08-26 at 16:01 -0400, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> Anything we add in that area has to be examined for
> cross-platformability. Does anybody have a pointer to the
> MSDN docs about balloon messages on Win32 ?

A balloon message is just a tooltip with a certain style on win32.

Tooltip Control Reference:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/shellcc/platform/commctls/tooltip/reflist.asp

Tooltip styles, TTS_BALLOON being the one worth noting:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/shellcc/platform/commctls/tooltip/styles.asp

Shell_NotifyIcon function reference, used to send messages to the
taskbar status area, including adding of an icon together with an
associated balloon styled tooltip, and modifying it to show a balloon:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/shellcc/platform/shell/reference/functions/shell_notifyicon.asp

Data structure for the notification, including a field to set the icon
of the balloon:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/shellcc/platform/shell/reference/structures/notifyicondata.asp

Hope that helps.

--