Re: Deprecate GdkGC?

On Thu, 2005-12-01 at 22:50 +0100, milosz derezynski wrote:
> I agree but it doesn't sound really easy as GtkStyle holds a number of
> GdkGCs for the style colors.

... and apps still do this:

gdk_gc_set_clip_rectangle (widget->style->black_gc, &my_rect);
gdk_draw_pixbuf (widget->window,
		 widget->style->black_gc,
		 my_pixbuf,
		 ...);
gdk_gc_set_clip_rectangle (widget->style_black_gc, NULL);

I mean, that would still work.  But if we schedule GCs for deprecation,
we need really really good docs on how to migrate everything to Cairo.

Actually, we have needed those since Cairo became the preferred drawing
API instead of gdk_draw_*()...

Any takers?

  Federico