Re: goocanvas 0.2

Travis Watkins wrote:

>On 12/5/05, Damon Chaplin <damon karuna uklinux net> wrote:
>

>>I've also read the SVG spec (http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/), which is very
>>interesting. I wonder if we'll want an SVG widget in GTK+ at some point,
>>and if so, will we want a separate canvas as well? I guess it makes
>>sense to try to use the same code for both, if possible.
>>

>If the major use of the current canvas is to make custom widgets I
>think having an SVG widget would actually be incredibly useful because
>then you could design your widget in inkscape.

Given that the difficult part of creating custom widgets is implementing
the behaviour rather than the appearance, I'm not sure how useful this
would be.

That said, rendering SVG should be quite easy: the development branch of
librsvg can render to a Cairo context, so it should be pretty easy to
draw SVG to the canvas (or any other custom widget).

James.