Re: GTK_FLOATING broken in 2.9?

On Thu, 2005-12-15 at 07:49 -0800, Dave Benson wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 15, 2005 at 12:49:45PM +0100, Tim Janik wrote:

> this thread never really addressed my concern,
> which was that this makes it so that container classes
> before 2.10 have one style, and >=2.10 have another.
> considering that this change is trying to simplify
> memory management, i'm dubious.

I agree with this statement 100%.

This change seems to be confuse an area that's already really confusing
even more.  I've seen enough people with trouble with CellRenderers etc,
that I can't imagine that this will ever simplify things.  I'm not sure
it's ever a good idea to make GObject float/sink, but if it is, it
should wait until 3.0 (which is not that far off!)

Thanks,
-Jonathan