Re: Canvas API proposal

Gustavo said:

	2. Your canvas looks excessively complex to me.   Are you sure we need
canvas item model/renderer separation?  I think you need it if:
		a) You want to store data that is specific for per item-view pair;
Example: some caching of pixel coordinates, or something like that, I
don't know..

One of the things we need in a canvas is the ability to report the objects drawn in it as objects, and report the bounding boxes and stacking order of those objects. This is needed for accessibility purposes; it might be easier to do this with a model/renderer separation, I am not sure.

- Bill