Re: big treeviews on win32

On Wed, 2005-02-16 at 03:07 +0000, Tor Lillqvist wrote:
>  > >  This is a "forgetting Win9x would make things much easier"
>  > >  situation...
>
>  > But actually I'm seeing this meltdown of the treeview on a current
>  > XP ("Professional") system.
>
> Yes, you misunderstood me. The current code, whose sole reason for
> existence is the 16-bit limits on Win9x, works the same on all
> Windowses, and is broken on them all. I meant that if we can ignore
> Win9x, there is no reason to try to keep window dimensions below the
> 16-bit limit.

One of the great selling points for us is that our software works
consistently across most versions of Windows because we don't have code
for specific builds of Windows and GTK handles working on each platform
for us.

Would it be plausible to have support for the 16-bit limit under Win9x
and support for everything else to work outside the 16-bit limit too?

Martyn