Re: need help for Pango module

> > I am working on a Pango module for Khmer script and I hope this is the
> > right list to ask questions about Pango.
>
> This is OK. gtk-i18n-list might be a bit better.

Thanks I will join this list as well and ask further questions there.

> > So far the module is working with gedit but if I start abiword or firefox
> > it does not work. I checked with ldd and got this:
>
> Abiword doesn't use Pango at all for the main "word processing" part.
>
> Firefox doesn't currently use Pango in the default build... I think the
> support for Pango is now in CVS, but it has to be enabled at build time
> and possibly also at run time by setting an environment variable.

Good to know this.

> Just because Firefox and Abiword are linked to GTK+ doesn't mean they
> are using it for the main text display. (Abiword will be using it for
> its menus.)

That's why I am asking :-)

> > Another question is about the function "pango_ot_buffer_add_glyph". The
> > last parameter is called "cluster" and I don't really understand what
> > should go there. What is supposed to be there?
>
> The 'cluster' parameter indicates what source character the glyph comes
> from. It allows for doing reverse mapping from glyphs to characters for
> things for things like mouse selection.

I understand this and now popups another question regarding this. In some
circumstances I have to insert an extra glyph (dotted circle). This is done
to make an invalid combination of characters render correctly. Obviously it
has no source character. Shall I assign the next or the previous character?

Thanks

Jens