Re: GObjectClass->constructor revised, g_object_newv_with_data

On Tue, 2005-07-05 at 13:57 +0200, Tim Janik wrote:
> On Tue, 5 Jul 2005, Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro wrote:

> >> what do you mean with "we may set construction properties"?
> >> construction properties are supposed to be passed in as (name,value)
> >> pairs to g_object_newv(), and they'll be set by the GObject system
> >> automatically at the right time.
> >
> >  Currently they'll be set by the GObject system at the wrong time, i.e.
> > before the python proxy object is attached to the GObject instance.
>
> i'd rather say, you are trying to setup your proxy at the wrong time, i.e.
> after _init() which is too late. if you properly setup your proxy in _init()
> construct properties will work fine out of the box.

  Your solution seems almost reasonable, except the TLS part... :|

  Any chance to pass a "gpointer data" into _init()?  I suppose passing
an extra parameter into a callback function doesn't break anything,
right?  g_object_newv would pass in NULL by default, and legacy _init's
would happily ignore it, or we could call a new g_object_newv_with_data
to pass something else, like a PyObject*.  Would that be acceptable?

  Regards.

--
Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro
The universe is always one step beyond logic.