Re: GTK - DISPLAY

В Пнд, 04/07/2005 в 18:24 +0530, Kala B пишет:
> Hi,
> I have a query regarding GUI applications on Linux.
>
> I have a daemon which needs to collect some user information, on a
> particular event. It has some GTK based GUI (which is a simple
> password collecting dialog). This daemon exposes some APIs, which
> applications could use. For a particular API, I need to prompt for a
> password from the daemon. I think, the best way would be to exec the
> GUI. But I am not sure, where the GUI would appear, when there are
> multiple desktops.
> Could you give me some ideas on how this could be best implemented.
>
> thanks!
> Kala B.

Hello Kala.

You've wrote to a wrong list, this is devoted to gtk development, not to
development with gtk. Probably gtk-app-devel-list gnome org is more
suitable for such kind of questions.

About your application design, I think you are doing something unclear.
Usually, client should ask for a password and then pass it to server
(encoded of course). As I've understood you are going to ask for a
password in server itself. That's not a good idea I think.