Re: Recently Used Files Proposal

Hi,

Emmanuele Bassi <ebassi gmail com> writes:

>> Sorry, but what are the latency reasons involved here?
>
> Parsing could be an issue on older machines - even if XML parsing has
> become way more efficient.  What I was referring to was the check on
> non-local items: this is currently what takes most of the time when
> instance.  We should keep this issue in mind: some of the files might
> reside on non-local volumes.

I don't think that parsing the XML will be an issue and there are ways
to work around the problem of non-local items. The file doesn't need
to be touched in any way until the associated item is actually visible
in the treeview. Stating the file and querying the MIME type could be
done asynchronously from a thread.

Sven