Where is GTK+ 2.7.0 ?

When GTK+ 2.8 / Gnome 2.12 was discussed last week, I promised to do an
unstable GTK+ release by the end of this week. It looks as if that will
not happen, since we got stuck on the nasty bug 306216.

This turns out to be an X server bug in some XRender code paths which
apparently have not been tested at all, but are now triggered by Cairo's
use of XRender.

We are currently investigating possible workarounds in Cairo to avoid
said X server bug, GTK+ 2.7.0 will be released early next week, once
that is done.

Thanks for your understanding,

Matthias