Re: g_object_class_install_property, but no g_object_class_remove_property

On Thu, 03 Mar 2005 17:42:57 +0100, Stefan Kost <ensonic hora-obscura de> wrote:
> Tristan Van Berkom wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> > Stefan,
> >     maybe I'm off track but is it saner OO coding to say that you should have a
> > GStreamerInstrumentClass with the properties: waveform, filter-type etc.
> > and then derive your GStreamerGuitarClass & GStreamerTrumpetClass to
> > add more specific properties ?
> >
> > Cheers,
> >                                                                -Tristan
>
> it is unfortunately not that easy. In one case I wrap plugins as gstreamer elements.
> Still my problem with multiple voices and therewith on-demand addition/removal
> of propertiy-sets remains.

Hmmm I'm still not reading you well,
    Why would you track properties of voices on a class-wide basis ?
Why wouldn't you just have an instance of your GStreamerVoiceClass
for every voice plugin ?
Or derive classes from the VoiceClass when you have specific voices,
like GStreamerMichealJacksonVoiceClass ?

Is your problem possibly more directly related to the loading/unloading of
modules that register elements in the GType system ?

Cheers,
                                                     -Tristan