Re: Compilation speed on Windows (was: Re: GTK+ for Windows MSVCRT dependency?)

On Mon, 2005-03-07 at 10:22 -0500, Morten Welinder wrote:
> I'll stick my neck out and guess that this is caused by the
> ill-executed gtkalias.h hack.
>
> Basically, any file that uses any gtk header will depend on
> every single gtk header file.  And that's a lot.

You should be more careful where you stick your neck...

Once GCC is running, all indications are that compilation speed on
Linux and Windows are pretty much identical. The big problem on
Windows is the glacial speed of shell code under Windows ... both
autoconf and libtool. Libtool is a particular problem because it
gets run once per source file.