Re: g_file_write()

Alexis S. L. Carvalho writes:
 > Also, will Windows et al handle dot-files correctly?

Initial dot file names are no problem in Windows. (For some reason,
Windows Explorer doesn't let you create such files/folders
interactively, but it let's you otherwise manipulate them if they have
been created by some other program.)

Initial dots in file names don't have any traditional special meaning
on Windows, though (and they aren't "hidden" in directory listings or
Explorer), but that hasn't been seen as any serious issue so far in
GIMP for instance, it uses the folder name .gimp-2.2 also on Windows.

 > I'm guessing there would be portability problems with
 > fdopen?

Not for Windows at least, fdopen() works as expected.

--tml