Re: A OverTheSpot patch for gtk 2.4.x and 2.6.x

On Wed, 2005-03-09 at 08:51 +0100, Maciej Katafiasz wrote:
> Dnia 09-03-2005, śro o godzinie 09:25 +0800, Tetralet napisał:
> > The OverTheSpot mode of XIM is the most common input method for
> > Chinese/Japanese users.
> > but it is a pity that gtk2+ library don't support it,
> > so that all the gtk2+ based applications, like Mozilla, Firefox,
> > Thunderbird, Gaim, gEdit, NVU...can not support the OverTheSpot mode.
>
> Why, it surely is supported, see
> http://mathrick.org/files/overthespot.png
>
> I don't know anything about programming side of this (IM is not my cup
> of tea), but I know it certainly does work in over-the-spot mode.

All bits are in place.

There's only a need for some helper applications.

I used Canna server for kanji fonts and kinput2 as IM, at it worked
quite well.

There're plenty of documents tutorials on the net about this issue.

Some googling should solve Tetralet(?)'s doubts.

Regards.
--
Iago Rubio