Re: Drop WM_ERASEBKGND handling in gdkevents-win32.c?

Tor Lillqvist wrote:
Owen Taylor writes:
 > There is a third possible issue - if you are moving another window over
 > a window, does windows send:
> > ERASEBKGND
 >  ERASEBKGND
 >  ERASEBKGND
 >  PAINT
> > Or is ERASEBKGN only sent immediately before PAINT?
If I understand correctly, WM_ERASEBKGND is sent when you call
BeginPaint() (during handling of WM_PAINT), not directly, so the
window procedure gets invoked recursively. (Not uncommon at all.)

Windows does send WM_ERASEBKGND to all subwindows before sending WM_PAINT, at least on NT series OS's. The problem is that gtk/gdk isn't fast enough to draw the contents of the window before the background appears on the screen.

John