Re: Themable colors

Federico Mena Quintero <federico ximian com> writes:

> Having things like your proposed GTK_PALETTE_RED doesn't make much
> sense; if you want a specific color, just use it from your app:

I am not sure I agree. Red is not just red. It is not uncommon for
applications to just need a few colors to make something stand out,
and there may be good reasons for wanting say a red or a green. In
that case, it makes sense to pick the color out of a palette that
matches the rest of the desktop.

Currently your best bet is to just pick a color from the palette in
the HIG, but I think the palette should depend on the theme.

Søren