Re: Proposal for 2.8: Glog

On Tuesday 03 May 2005 20:03, Maciej Katafiasz wrote:

> here's a proposal for addition to Glib 2.8, named Glog.

I'd also like to see this in GLib. It's a great tool for application
developers and library developers alike, especially as it allows developers
to get additional information on bugs even from binaries that don't contain
the full set of debugging symbols.

> Total amount of time estimated necessary for integration: 2 hours (if it
> goes bad, all it really takes is copying  the source and slightly adjusting
> autofoo).

I'd be happy to whip up a preliminary patch against GLib if this is something
people feel might be worth having in GLib. The whole system sums up to about
2100 lines of code, and that includes the inline documentation, 8 instances
of the license header.

Cheers
 -Tim