Re: dbus glib bindings: deriving from G_TYPE_BOXED, parameterized types

On Mon, 2005-05-16 at 07:35 -0700, Dave Benson wrote:

> "List promises you to store arbitrary objects"..
> How does memory management work?  How does the client
> check the type of elements in the list?

If the client knows the GType of the list, then with a suitable API like
the one I proposed it can determine the element GType.

> It seems like you'd want a List<GValue> for that...

Well, you don't need the list to actually store GValues, but you do need
a GValue-ified interface to the list.  I started on that in my patch
with an API to iterate over a collection or map, with their values
marshalled to GValues.