Compiling GLib2.6.4 - error : 'SSIZE'

Owen

I hope you don't mind me emailing you. I have just started to cross compile
GTK 2.6.7 for ARM and  I have a problem compiling Glib 2.6.4.

I saw your posting at;
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-devel-list/2002-April/msg00117.html

Regarding a problem when running make to build glib. The file giounic.c fails
to compile with the following error;

giounix.c:185: error: `SSIZE_MAX' undeclared (first use in this function)

In the posting you suggest that the correct way to fix the problem is to
include the following statement;

 #define _POSIX_SOURCE

I am trying to compile glib 2.6.4 and I am having the same problem but the
#define _POSIX_SOURCE is already in giounix.c

Should I be doing something else  instead - I did find another article that
suggest I delete the two lines at line 185 and 186 (see them below)

  if (count > SSIZE_MAX)
	    count = SSIZE_MAX;

That doesn't seem like a good idea!

Should I have passed something else to ./configure ?
I invoked it as below;

./configure CC=/usr/local/arm/3.3.2/bin/arm-linux-gcc --host=arm-linux
--build=i686-linux --cache-file=arm_cache.conf
--prefix=/home/anbeyon/Documents/Projects/Chord/Pandora4/Software/GTK/GTKBuild/glib

with a arm_cache.conf containing;

 glib_cv_stack_grows=no
 ac_cv_func_posix_getpwuid_r=yes
 glib_cv_uscore=yes