Re: Mem leak in pixbuf engine

В Срд, 02/11/2005 в 17:58 +0100, Detlef Reichl пишет:
> On Mi, 2005-11-02 at 10:33 +0300, Nickolay V. Shmyrev wrote:
> > В Пнд, 31/10/2005 в 17:46 +0100, Detlef Reichl пишет:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > i think i found a pixmap leak in the pixbuf engine. The following small
> > > program simply shows an continually updated progressbar. I also tried it
> > > with other widgets, but it seems to be a progressbar problem.
> > >
> > > If i watch it in xrestop with a simple color theme all seems ok, but if
> > > i switch to a pixmap theme the number of allocated pixmaps increases
> > > dramatically. It seems that they don't get freed.
> > >
> > > I've tried to track it down myself, but that goes a little bit to deep
> > > into gtk internals...
> > >
> > > Cheers
> > > detlef
> > >

> > Detlef, I've tried to reproduce this situation, but unsuccessfully. Can
> > you point to the versions of gtk+ and gtk2-engines you are using? Xorg
> > version also might be useful.
> >
> gtk 2.8.6
> gtk2-engines-pixbuf 2.8.6
> gdk-pixbuf 0.22.0
> xorg 6.8.2

Detlef, looks like you are correct here. It seem that I know the reason
of that. There is bug in setting GDK_GC_TILE field in GdkGC. When this
field is set, reference count of pixmap that passed as tile value is
incremented but it's not decremented in finalize of GdkGC. The
corresponding code is located in gdk/GdkGC.c

If you can suggest a patch or even file a bug to bugzilla about that, it
would be just nice.