Re: Some Question about License

Dear Hongli Lai,

  Thank your for you help, We will read it more
careful. Why we think JPEG under the GPL/LGPL. Please
see this:

In ansi2knr.c:
"Everyone is granted permission to copy, modify and
redistribute ansi2knr, but only under the conditions
described in the GPL.  A copy of this license is
supposed to have been given to you along with ansi2knr
so you can know your rights and responsibilities.  It
should be in a file named COPYLEFT. [In the IJG
distribution, the GPL appears below, not in a separate
file.] Among other things, the copyright notice and
this notice must be preserved on all copies.
We explicitly state here what we believe is already
implied by the GPL: if the ansi2knr program is
distributed as a separate set of sources and a
separate executable file which are aggregated on a
storage medium together with another program, this in
itself does not bring the other program under the GPL,
nor does the mere fact that such a program or the
procedures for constructing it invoke the ansi2knr
executable bring any other part of the program under
the GPL."

    Could you give us other advise? (We will see the
License of Fedora RPM "JPEG")

    License Question is a trouble for the system
development. So we must careful.

Thank you.

http://mail.yahoo.com