Re: GObject notify queue

On Sun, 30 Oct 2005, Itai Bar-Haim wrote:

Hi all.
This could be a newbie question.
I am seeking explanation about the notify queue - Why was it designed as a
queue, and the same way events work (i.e. - triggered upon action, not
sometime later).
I am asking this because I am trying to create some widget that has an
action based on a notify event, that can occur in several cases, and need to
be handled separately on each case.
Please help me figure it out (or if you already done something like this, I
would appreciate some directions).
Itai.

the queue is meant to accumulate property changes and once those changes
are completed, notify the user about the individual properties that have
been changed. no guarantee is made that spurious notifications are not
emitted (but the code of course tries to minimize those where appropriate).

---
ciaoTJ