Re: A cross-platform status icon api

On Sun, 2005-09-04 at 15:27 +0200, Hans Breuer wrote:
> On 30.08.2005 00:37, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> [...]
> > cvs as of today has
> >
> Trying to make it compile on win32 implies that two files
> should be renamed :
>
> gtkstatusicon-x11.c has nothing X11 specific in it. At least
> it compiles on win32 without any change. So it probably should
> be named gtkstatusicon.c
>
> gtktrayicon.c is highly X11 dependent so it should be
> called gtktrayicon-x11.c
>
> I have done the renaming in my local tree and also created
> a currently empty implementation of gtktrayicon-win32.c.
> With it HEAD could be compiled again on win32.

No, this is backwards. gtkstatusicon-x11.c is named like it is because
it is the X11-specific implementation of the statusicon api.
gtktrayicon.c may compile on win32, but that is completely irrelevant,
since we want to use native win32 apis for status icons here, not the
freedesktop.org system tray specification, that is implemented in
gtktrayicon.c. There is no need to name the file gtktrayicon-x11.c,
since there will not be a gtktrayicon-win32.c (you can't embed
widgets into the win32 notification area).

Matthias