Re: Bidi: contextual ordering of text

Behdad Esfahbod <behdad cs toronto edu> wrote on 05/09/2005 10:58:11:

> On Sun, 4 Sep 2005, Semion Chichelnitsky wrote:
>
> > Do you mean, that LRM/RLM should be added to the text buffer? If no,
can
> > you,please, explain, what do you mean?
>
> Yes, that was what I meant.  That should work for labels at
> least.
>
> >    If yes, you understand, that using
> > bidi markers needs additional logic in GTK application. It is good for
some
> > specific cases, but not always. What I really want here is simple API
(in
> > the widget level), which allows to switch from contextual (default)
> > ordering to the "strong" ordering, that corresponds to current widget
> > direction.
>
> So, all you are asking is a a GtkWidget wrapper around
> pango_layout_set_auto_dir?  If yes, please file it in bugzilla.

OK, thank you. What about auto_dir flag in the pango-context - with the
same sense and default value, as auto_dir in the pango-layout? Pango-layout
can simply check both flags. Corresponding check should be done in
entry,text view,etc. Additional API are needed in this case only in
pango-context (but to have them in GTkWidget too can be nice!)
What do you think?

Semion