Re: Distinguish column header from normal button

Hey guys, hey reminic!

> They all seem to do a check to see if the detail is "button" and if the
> widget->parent is treeview or clist.
>
> This is the issue. If the details gets changed to "treeview-header-left"
> then that check stops matching for older themes, and then they stop
> working.

Ok, let's face it. Most themes don't care, what where a button is drawn.
The buttons in top of a list will still be GtkButtons, if you add a
detail. I don't think they even _have_ a detail right now.

> I would love to see the "treeview-header-left" stuff personally, but
> breaking all themes and apps attempting to use the current system sucks
> bad too :(.

Therefore I'm certain it won't break anything. I personally use the
trick reminic mentioned since a long while with my eXperience theme.
Since I use this trick quite often (buttons in the panel look different
from buttons in dialogues etc....) I didn't bother so far. Still I
personally like the approach of reminic, because it allows you too theme
the ends of the header differently. This definitely would be an
improvement.

I don't know a first thing about programming or how things work behind
the scenes, but as I said before, I don't see the problems Tedd is
talking about.

Take care!

David