Re: idea on gobject-introspection / gtk-doc metadata

Torsten Schoenfeld wrote:
On Wed, 2005-09-21 at 12:48 -0400, Tristan Van Berkom wrote:

One thing I'd like to see introspectable is versioninig information
on properties & signals, right now the doc notes include "Since 2.6"
on function calls and such (it would also be nice to introspect
whether properties, signals & objects are depricated or not).

I don't think properties and signals should be part of the introspection
description at all since you can already find out everything you need by
using the existing GObject / GType introspection support.

Well not exactly, my point was that you cant find out if a property
or signal is depricated, and you cant find out in what stable release
of GTK+ the property of signal was introduced in.

But what you mean by the "introspection description" is probably
something that I dont understand, I just checked out the
gobject-introspection module and I still dont understand what it is.

I asked this same question last week on this same list and I'll go ahead
and ask it again; "whats up with this introspection enhancement plan ?"
I remember the thread back in febuary called "Introspection API", I'd
like to know:
     - Is there any kind of plan of enhancing GObject introspection ?
       (ofcourse including its internals such as pspecs etc).
     - Is it speced anywhere ?
     - Is there anyone working on it ?

Maybe there's a web-page somewhere that will bring me up to speed on
this subject ?

Cheers,
                              -Tristan