Re: 2.8.x incompatibility with Windows 2003 server

Daniel Kasak writes:
 > gtk-2.8.x will not work under Windows 2003 server.

Very unlikely. More probably some installation screwup on the machine
in question.

 > I have tried a number of different versions, and all give the same
 > error when I start *any* gtk application:

 > The procedure entry point gdk_draw_rectangle_alpha_libgtk_only could not
 > be loaded in the dynamic link library libgdk_win32-2.0.0.dll

(The name is libgdk-win32-2.0-0.dll. Try to pay attention to details.)

Are you sure you don't have some bogus old libgtk-win32-2.0-0.dll in
the windows system32 folder, for instance, that gets used instead of
the one you think you are using? Or somewhere in your PATH where you
didn't expect it to be?

--tml