Re: Win32 - handling mainloop while showing modal comon controls

The idea seems sound, but I think you could maybe change it a bit so it
would work for other common dialogs, without the need for a hook function.

At the moment, you post the "GDK_WIN32_GOT_EVENTS" message to the print
dialog and you use a print dialog hook function to catch the message and
pump the gtk events.

Instead, you could post the "GDK_WIN32_GOT_EVENTS" to an invisible gdk
window and make the handling of "GDK_WIN32_GOT_EVENTS" part of the
standard message processing for all gdk windows.
gdk_win32_set_modal_dialog() would take a bool (since the particular
window wouldn't matter), and you could drop the print hook function.
Other common dialogs could easily take advantage of this.

Disclaimer: I haven't actually tried this and I don't have much gdk
experience :)

Cheers,
Charles