Re: GTK 64-bits and Windows

Philippe Morange writes:
 > Do you have a step by step guide to compile all the dependencies
 > and then GTK under Windows ?

(Keeping the discussion on gtk-devel-list.)

Not really.

Anyway, at first you will have to decide what compiler to use... All
GTK and GNOME stuff I build is built with gcc, and there isn't any
port of gcc to 64-bit Windows yet as far as I know.

So either you start with porting gcc, or decide to use Microsoft's
compiler.

If you use Microsoft's compiler, you will either have to use more or
less manually written makefiles (or manually (using the GUI)
constructed Visual Studio projects), or make sure auto*, libtool and
friends work on 64-bit Windows and with Microsoft's compiler.

And if you choose to use gcc, or Microsoft's compiler with auto* and
libtool, you need to port MSYS and its tools (perl, sed, awk, shell,
etc etc).

Microsoft's Interix (part of "Services for Unix") could presumably be
used instead of MSYS, although I have no idea if Interix works on
64-bit Windows.

--tml