Re: Win32 - handling mainloop while showing modal comon controls

Alexander Larsson wrote:
The attached patch does this, and it seems to work fine for me. Its not an ideal solution, since we only handle events generated from windows, not e.g. glib timeouts, or other fd:s added to the gtk+ mainloop. However, i'm not sure that is an enourmous problem.

This does seem like a real problem to me; apps can do background processing in idle / timeout calls and these should continue when dialogs are displayed. I don't see why this is better that using a timer and doing a main iteration periodically. I wouldn't be too worried about this causing calls to the win32 message handler function at odd times because this function is already called when numerous win32 api functions are invoked -- the win32 api already does all sorts of weird recursion.

John