Re: modularize pango

* Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com> schrieb:

<snip>

>  - Is the total size of Pango + modules large? No.

For low memory systems (ie embedded): Yes.

>  - Are the modules frequently updated without changes to the
>    main part of Pango? No.

This way you could legitimate the whole GNOME stuff in one
package. Yes, X has been so, but this has been proven as hard to
maintain, and so it's now modular :)

>  - Are Pango and the modules separately maintained? Not really.

Of course not, its one package.

> I can't see any possible reason that we'd want to make people's
> life miserable that way.

What people exactly ? For me, as an Sysop w/ dozens of different
and very individual configurations (mostly embedded) it would
become much, much easier.

cu
	rsync://sources.metux.de/metux-patches