Re: Callback based tooltips (Re: New tooltips API, continued)

On 4/25/06, Tim Janik <timj imendio com> wrote:
> i don't think there's a point in implementing grouping unless the above
> question has been answered, i.e. we've gotten a resonable usage scenario.
> so until that happens, it's probably best to leave groups out of the API spec.

Well, one reason would be that it is in our current tooltip support, and we
don't just remove features for no reason...

The reason for its existance is that it is annoying to have to wait for every
other tooltip again when you are moving the mouse over the toolbar to see
them all. And of course, putting all tooltips in one group makes the behaviour
of tooltips equally annoying, since you then have to hunt for a
tooltip-less area
to get out of fast-tooltip mode again...

Matthias