HOW TO USE A DIFFERENT LANGUAGE OTHER THAN ENGLISH

Hello,

I am making a GUI in gtk+ and i require the input in Hindi(language)
not in English via TextView in utf8 format.

I have a software(Baraha Direct) which maps the character on the
keyboard to the Hindi Character and writes it. By simply switching on
the sofware i am able to write in Hindi on WordPad, Microsoft Word,
web pages etc.;.

It basically gives the utf8 code which is required for my application.

When i tried the same thing on my gtk+ GUI it doesnt type a single
character the cursor doesnt even move from its place.

Please Help Me

Looking forward for a Reply

With Regards

Anuj Pachauri