Re: about gtk/_gtk_kegtkkeyhash.c:y_hash_lookup() and fuzzy matches

Hi

On 8/17/06, Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com> wrote:

It really needs to work both ways ... for non-latin accelerators when
the keyboard is in a latin layout as well as vice versa.

Yep

(Plus you need gdk_keyval_to_unicode() and a real script check ...)
Don't see how it will solve it. As a matter of fact you can also get a
'puzzling' binding when combining a Latin and a non Latin layouts,
with punctuation keys.

In my understanding this bug is triggered if:
1) A keyval  is shared between layouts.
and
2) A widget in the stack has only a binding for one of the keycodes involved.

For testing purpose I've added a call to
gdk_keymap_get_entries_for_keyval() after if (!have_exact) and checked
the number of entries, it seems to work in all cases (french/english ,
cyrillic/french with ascii or cyrillic accelerator, X latin keyboard
or cyrillic keyboard at startup and so on).

Didier