GtkEntry wrapping problem

Hi,

I have a problem with GtkEntry widgets wrapping when I get to the end of the
line.  Firstly I should explain that I am developing for an embedded flavour
of Linux (arcom embedded linux) and the little poota that is displaying this
thing has a custom keyboard that includes a delete key that acts like a
backspace key rather than a delete key.

So the problem is that when I use my arrows to get to the end of the text in
a GtkEtry I get two cursors flashing at me, one at the end and one at the
start of the text in the GtkEntry!  The same is true when I get to the start
of the text in the GtkEntry, another cursor appears at the end of the text!

So in a nutshell the behaviour is this:
Use arrow keys to step to the end of the text, press a key and it appears at
the beginning of the text.  Press my backspace key and nothing happens (it
thinks I am at the start of the text after all).
And vice versa, I use the arrow keys to step to the start of the text, press
a key and it appears at the end of the text.  Press my backspace key and it
deletes the character at the end of the text!!

This seems to be a pointer bug within the GtkEntry code of Gtk itself, it
this known?

Thanks
Adam
Sent from the Gtk+ - Dev - General forum at Nabble.com.