Re: Pluggable widgets II

On Wed, 20 Dec 2006, Benjamin Otte wrote:

Tim Janik <timj <at> imendio.com> writes:

- This API seems problematic wrt subclassing. If I subclass GtkAboutBox in my
application for some simple change it won't pick up the appointing of the about
box.

that is right. do you really mean to blame this on the proposed _API_ though?

i.e. do you have any alternative API or mechanism in mind that could provide
what you're asking for?

please note my other email about the risks in exchanging base classes and open inheritance before giving a quick answer ;)
  http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-devel-list/2006-December/msg00098.html

Benjamin

---
ciaoTJ