Re: More compiling issues this time gtk-doc

Hi,

Stefan Kost wrote:
> hi,
>
> electroteque wrote:
>
>>Im still currently going through the painful process of doing this on
>>osx. However for some reason when trying to reinstall gtk-doc into a
>>different prefix i have issues
>>
>>iElectro:/usr/share/sources/gtk/gtk-doc root# ./autogen.sh --prefix=$prefix
>

> what is the value of $prefix? Maybe its a trailing slash? Can't imagine that
> causing problems still.
>

>>configure.in: installing `./install-sh'
>>configure.in: installing `./mkinstalldirs'
>>configure.in: installing `./missing'
>>Makefile.am: installing `./COPYING'
>>Makefile.am: installing `./INSTALL'
>>Makefile.am:3: directory should not contain `/'
>>
>>from the instructions on the website , any ideas ?
>>
>>cvs -d :pserver:anonymous anoncvs gnome org:/cvs/gnome co gtk-doc
>>cd gtk-doc
>>curl http://developer.imendio.com/images/0/04/Gtk-doc-hack.diff | patch
>>-d $PWD
>
>  >
> hmm, the patch is basically disabling some of the configure check without a
> reason :(

The reason is that it's currently a lot of work to manually setup the
required dependencies on OSX.

The error above is, I think, caused by a change in what newer automake
versions accepts. If you comment out the SUBDIRS line in the toplevel
Makefile.am, it should work better.

Regards,
Richard

--