Re: Rich Text copy and paste (bug #324177)

> *) I think that the tagset metaphor is too primitive to do anything
> genuinely useful with and we will be butting our heads up against that
> wall *very* quickly.
>
> *) Richtext copy + paste should be handled *only and entirely* by the
> app that owns the GtkTextView, and not the GtkTextView itself, because
> only the application necessarily knows what its data model can
> represent. Combine this with the limitations evidenced by my previous
> point to get the full effect.

I think You are not entirely right. You can very well _export_
richt text data from the GtkTextView into RTF (or XHTML) without
the need for the application to interfere (since you don't have
to have any styles or more sophisticated features). Of course,
you should be able to let the application override this...

P.T.

--
Petr Tomasek <http://www.etf.cuni.cz/~tomasek>