Re: Cross compiling CVS head

On Wed, 15 Feb 2006, Trey Boudreau wrote:

> Howdy all,
>
> I've got myself mostly set up to cross-compile gtk+ (x86 to ARM), but
> I've run into a snag:
>
> 	gtk/gtkicontheme.c: In function `_gtk_icon_theme_ensure_builtin_cache':
> 	gtk/gtkicontheme.c:1160: error: `builtin_icons' undeclared (first use in this function)
>
> It turns out I end up with an empty gtkbuiltincache.h because the build
> wants to run the ARM target version of gtk-update-icon-cache it just built.
>
> I tried looking for something similar in Bugzilla but I failed to find
> anything relevant.  If I missed it and/or if anyone knows of a
> work-around, I'd appreciate the help.

I don't see any easy workaround, as gtk-update-icon-cache depends
on the gdkpixbuf library.  Gtk+ is not the first to have this
problem, many projects do not support cross-compiling from CVS
checkout.  An ugly workaround is to import gtkbuiltnicache.h into
CVS, but I doubt that's going to happen.

What you can do is to first build the CVS checkout for your local
host, then reconfigure it for cross-compiling.

> Thanks,
> -- Trey

--behdad
http://behdad.org/