About symbols in gtkfilesystem.h

Hi,

  I am interested in writing a general DIRECTORY widget for gtk
applications. It seems to me that the semi-private interface provided in
gtkfilesystem.h is really useful to serve such a purpose.

  The problem is that the symbol

GtkFileSystem  *_gtk_file_system_create (const char *file_system_name);

is not exported. So I cannot really load such a filesystem object in my
program.

  My question is that is it possible to export _gtk_file_system_create
as semi-private symbol in gtk library??? Or is that any plan to make
this head file more public?

Thanks
Xuedong Zhang