Re: Pango-1.11.99 "Just In Case" released [unstable]

On Mon, 27 Feb 2006, Federico Mena Quintero wrote:

> On Mon, 2006-02-27 at 13:45 -0500, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
>
> > You sure?   Until just before 0.11.6 it was validating the string
> > all the time.  And none of us noticed anything in performance
> > analysis, right?
>
> Oh, was it?
>
> If it was, then I'm all for leaving it in.  It indeed did not show up in
> the profiles.  I guess your homework is to run the benchmark again ;)

We really need a tinder box that runs benchmarks too.  It's too
frustrating to not touch my laptop for 10 minutes to run a
benchmark, and then repeat it 5 times to average, and then figure
out it was a debugging build, loop again.  And then see
regressions, figure out fontconfig from CVS is to blame,
uninstall, repeat, ...

It doesn't even have to be decent hardware, a Pentium III would
do it pretty good.  It just needs to not do anything else...
We can ask infrastructure-list, but maybe a company/university is
willing to set one up?

--behdad
http://behdad.org/

	-- Dan Bern, "New American Language"