Re: GTK-Canvas

Hi,

On Tue, 2006-02-28 at 01:41 +0100, Sven Herzberg wrote:
>   If you have questions, bug reports, recommendations, feel free to send
> them either per email (I read the lists I sent this email to) or take
> the newly created Wiki Page [1] and edit it.

It looks slick and nicely done (congrats!) as a Cairo version of
GnomeCanvas, but I think you could do so much more - you probably saw my
earlier mail:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-devel-list/2005-August/msg00067.html

To summarize my wishlist:
 - animations
 - behaviors
 - mixing in widgets (including layering and events)
 - multiple views (you have this one already)
 - path item (you have a shape item, but it's "abstract"
   it looks like, not concrete)
 - data/markup form of the object graph, with an
   artist-usable editor
 - layout management

One minor thing I noticed while looking at the code,
I'd make the objects more opaque, you have lots of data fields
and private-looking functions in the public headers.

Havoc