GtkTextBuffer crashes from data overload??

I have a program which writes text into the GtkTextBuffer for an open
GtkTextView window, which shows the updates live. After several thousand
lines and perhaps a megabyte of text, it crashes with a segmentation fault.

Have I run into some limitation on the total number of lines or total amount
of text? Can I overcome this if I delete lines from the top as I add them at
the bottom, or would the limitation still apply? Is there a way to increase
the limits?

thanks
mikecorn

Sent from the Gtk+ - Dev - General forum at Nabble.com.