Depending on C99 (Re: GtkBindingSignal changes)

On Wed, 4 Jan 2006, Xavier Bestel wrote:

On Wed, 2006-01-04 at 15:26, Matthias Clasen wrote:

Thats a gcc extension/C99 addition though. We use [1] in other places
where flexible arrays are used.

Oh, I imagine there must be good reasons (read: already debated to
death) for not taking advantage of C99 improvements. Sorry.

no, it actually hasn't as far as i know. and i think it makes sense to
at least start discussing this possibility.

could people please speak up if they think depending on C99 would
be a bad idea for glib & gtk+ (e.g. with the next major release) and
why this would be a problem for them?

in the end, the w32 compilers are C99 compliant i'd assume and on
older unixes when there're no modern compilers available, there's
always a C99 compliant gcc that can be used.

	Xav

---
ciaoTJ