Re: pie menu; key accelerators

On Sun, 2005-10-02 at 13:02 +0100, Pedro Amaral Couto wrote:
> New widget suggestion:
>  * a pie (or radial) menu inherited from gtk.menu or gtk.menushell widgets.
>  ( ref: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pie_menu )

Could be worth filing a request for in bugzilla... I thought there was
one already, but I couldn't find it.

> Menu usability suggestion:
>  * key accelerators accessible while menu is visible.
>  ( ref: http://www.guidebookgallery.org/articles/acceleratorsandtoolbars )

Firefox does this already... I'm not entirely convinced it's as useful
as the author thinks, since once the menu is posted, there are easier
ways to activate any of its items, using either the keyboard or the
mouse.  If it's technically possible, though, it certainly wouldn't hurt
to have it.

Cheeri,
Calum.

mailto:calum benson sun com            Java Desktop System Group