Re: Proposal for new tooltips API

On Wed, 2006-01-25 at 23:26 -0800, Alex Graveley wrote:
> Hi Kristian,

> 3) Add this call to GtkTooltipWindow:
>
> 	void gtk_tooltip_window_show_for_widget (GtkTooltipWindow *win,
> 						 GtkWidget *widget);
>
> This would handle calling populate_tooltip on the widget and moving the
> tooltip window to the proper location before showing it (without delay).

I think this is a really good idea. I can see a good use for it in
applications newly installed (as a first time run tool) to direct the
user using the software.

E.g. "Click here to being your search" over/under a search entry box by
using the gtk_tooltip_window_show_for_widget() API even if the entry
hasn't actually got any focus.

Martyn