Problem resizing

I am making custom controls ,ie i am doing custom drawing of the buttons "gtk_button_new()" by defining expose_event in my class and attaching expose signal to my buttons.
i have attached my buttons to a fixed area wigit ie "gtk_fixed_new()".

problem :-How could i resize my custom widget which contains all the buttons on the "gtk_fixed_new()". Parent widget of my custom controls handles its resizing independently.
how could i resize my cusom control with respect to Parent.

ALi