RE: Why are people sticking with GTK+ 26.? (Re: GTK+ modularization)

Yup, it was almost entirely performance concerns.

Many of us at PalmSource were pushing hard for 2.8 (2.10 wasn't finished
yet), but it was the performance tests that decided it.  Personally, I
very much want to make sure we can provide a compelling mobile
applications platform, and so want to keep up with the latest stable
release as much as possible.  But we expect performance to be an issue
for us even on 2.6, and we need to build a compelling product before we
stand a chance of providing a compelling apps platform. :-)

I will do a little digging internally and see if I can find more
detailed results of our performance investigation which I can share with
you.  I can tell you that it was something of a high level comparison
(i.e., we didn't try to use 2.8 and then encounter specific problems).
Also, I seem to remember that the speed of text rendering was one
concern.

Jesse